Characteristics: Fixed white with a red sector.
Height: 80 feet, 90 steps
DayMark: Red-washed conical brick tower with white lantern
History: Constructed in 1858. First Lighted January 1, 1859. Deactivated 1929. Tower was repainted by the Navy in 2000.
Lens: Original: Third-order fixed Fresnel lens. Focal plane: 77 feet.
Construction: Contruction: brick conical tower; foundation: brick.
Operated by: United States Navy
Visit Status: Viewable from outside the perimeter fence of the Mayport Naval Station.
Facilities: None, no handicap access
Visitor Info: The tower is located on the Mayport Naval Station and is not open to the public. A good view of this lighthouse can be seen from the road east from the Mayport ferry.
Mayport Lighthouse Association, Inc.
4610 Ocean Street
Mayport Village, FL 32233
Back to Lighthouse List>