Photo: Stan Beckstrom
Characteristics: Fixed white light with a flash every 30 seconds.
Height: 167 feet, 219 steps
DayMark: Black & white spiral stripes with a red lantern
History: Built 1871; restored in 1994-95 and again in 2000. On National Register Listing.
Lens: Original: first-order Fresnel Lens; L. Sautter et Limonier, 1874. Focal Plane: 161 feet.
Construction: Architect: Paul J. Pelz. Brick conical tower made of brick and iron.
29 53 08 N
81 17 19 W
Operated by: St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, Inc.
Visit Status: Open to Public
Days Open: Open daily. Closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Facilities: Museum, Gift Shop, handicap accessible
Hours Open: 9 am to 6 pm (extended summer & holiday hours starting in late May)
Visitor Info: For their safety, children must be 44 inches tall to climb the tower. Free museum admission is offered to children under 44 inches.
Admission: Tower and Museum - Adults $9.50; Seniors (55+) $7.50; Children 12 and under $7.50;
St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum, Inc.
Kathy A. Fleming, Exec. Dir.
81 Lighthouse Avenue
St. Augustine, FL 32080
Website: St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum
Back to Lighthouse List>